Welcome friends! This is the codebase for the Bluesky Social app. It serves as a resource to engineers building on the AT Protocol.
Rules & guidelines
ℹ️ While we do accept contributions, we prioritize high quality issues and pull requests. Adhering to the below guidelines will ensure a more timely review.
- We may not respond to your issue or PR.
- We may close an issue or PR without much feedback.
- We may lock discussions or contributions if our attention is getting DDOSed.
- We're not going to provide support for build issues.
- Check for existing issues before filing a new one please.
- Open an issue and give some time for discussion before submitting a PR.
- Stay away from PRs like...
- Changing "Post" to "Skeet."
- Refactoring the codebase, eg to replace mobx with redux or something.
- Adding entirely new features without prior discussion.
Remember, we serve a wide community of users. Our day to day involves us constantly asking "which top priority is our top priority." If you submit well-written PRs that solve problems concisely, that's an awesome contribution. Otherwise, as much as we'd love to accept your ideas and contributions, we really don't have the bandwidth. That's what forking is for!
You have our blessing 🪄✨ to fork this application! However, it's very important to be clear to users when you're giving them a fork.
Please be sure to:
- Change all branding in the repository and UI to clearly differentiate from Bluesky.
- Change any support links (feedback, email, terms of service, etc) to your own systems.
- Replace any analytics or error-collection systems with your own so we don't get super confused.
If you discover any security issues, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email is automatically CCed to the entire team and we'll respond promptly.
Are you a developer interested in building on atproto?
Bluesky is an open social network built on the AT Protocol, a flexible technology that will never lock developers out of the ecosystems that they help build. With atproto, third-party can be as seamless as first-party through custom feeds, federated services, clients, and more.
If you're a developer interested in building on atproto, we'd love to email you a Bluesky invite code. Simply share your GitHub (or similar) profile with us via this form.
See ./LICENSE for the full license.
We ❤️ you and all of the ways you support us. Thank you for making Bluesky a great place!