Open-source, cross platform Qt based IDE for reverse-engineering Android application packages. It features a friendly IDE-like layout including code editor with syntax highlighting support for *.smali code files.
- Cross platform, run on Linux, Mac OS X & Windows
- Decompile/recompile/sign & install APKs
- Built-in code editor (*.java; *.smali; *.xml; *.yml) w/ syntax highlighting
- Built-in viewer for image (*.gif; *.jpg; *.jpeg; *.png) files
- Built-in hex editor for binary files
Please head over to Releases page for downloading. Important: Make sure to have
JAVA_HOME environment variable pointing to a valid java installation for jadx to be able to run.
Information on building from source is provided in the Wiki.
- iBotPeaches for apktool
- patrickfav for uber-apk-signer
- skylot for jadx
- probonopd for linuxdeployqt
- Jürgen Skrotzky for Qt-Frameless-Window-DarkStyle
- Antonio Davide for QHexView
- p.yusukekamiyamane for Fugue icons
- Icons8 for various icons
- Surendrajat for maintaining project while I couldn't
Note: If you encounter any problems, make sure to check Console output at the bottom of the IDE to get the output of command which was actually executed by program. Report any issues related to APK Studio here on Github. Please note, an issue with apktool is not an issue with APK Studio. Please verify the context of issue before opening a ticket.
Same as apktool, APK Studio is neither intended for piracy nor other non-legal uses. It could be used for localizing, adding some features or support for custom platforms, analyzing applications & much more.