MarvelHeroes is a demo application based on modern Android application tech-stacks and MVVM architecture.
Fetching data from the network and integrating persisted data in the database via repository pattern.
Go to the Releases to download the lastest APK.
Tech stack & Open-source libraries
- Minimum SDK level 21
- Kotlin based + Coroutines for asynchronous.
- LiveData - notify domain layer data to views.
- Lifecycle - dispose of observing data when lifecycle state changes.
- ViewModel - UI related data holder, lifecycle aware.
- Room Persistence - construct a database using the abstract layer.
- MVVM Architecture (View - DataBinding - ViewModel - Model)
- Repository pattern
- Koin - dependency injection.
- Retrofit2 & Gson - construct the REST APIs.
- OkHttp3 - implementing interceptor, logging and mocking web server.
- Glide - loading images.
- TransformationLayout - implementing transformation motion animations.
- WhatIf - checking nullable object and empty collections more fluently.
- DiscreteScrollView - implementing a scrollable list of items.
- Timber - logging.
- Material-Components - Material design components like ripple animation, cardView.
MarvelHeroes is based on MVVM architecture and a repository pattern.
Find this repository useful? :heart:
Designed and developed by 2020 skydoves (Jaewoong Eum) Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.