This sample app will show you how Link Android SDK can integrate with your own app in both Kotlin and Java. Check out the benefits of using the SDK.
Detailed instructions on how to integrate with Plaid Link for Android in your app can be found in our main documentation.
To run the sample app, you'll need a Plaid account. You can create one on our website.
1. Register your app id
- Log into your Plaid Dashboard at the API page
- Next to "Allowed Android package names" click "Configure" then "Add New Android Package Name"
- Enter the sample app package name:
- Click "Save Changes", you may be prompted to re-enter your password
2. Generate a link_token and add it to the sample app
- Clone the sample repository
- Curl /link/token/create to create a new link_token
- Copy and paste the link_token into the kotlin or java
3. Run the sample application
- How to integrate the Plaid Link sdk:
- Kotlin and Java sample Activity that show how to start Link and receive a result
- Use of
PlaidLinkResultHandlerfor easy handling of Link results
- Optional use of
LinkEventListenerto get events from Link
Have a look at our main documentation for all Plaid Link SDK features.
Our change log has release history.
implementation("com.plaid.link:sdk-core:<insert latest version>")
R8 and ProGuard rules are already bundled in our AAR and will be used automatically.
MIT License Copyright (c) 2020 Plaid Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.