iText 7 Community consists of several jars.
The iText 7 Core/Community release contains:
kernel-x.y.z.jar: low-level functionality
io-x.y.z.jar: low-level functionality
layout-x.y.z.jar: high-level functionality
pdfa-x.y.z.jar: PDF/A-specific functionality
pdftest-x.y.z.jar: test helper classes
barcode-x.y.z.jar: use this if you want to create bar codes
hyph-x.y.z.jar: use this if you want text to be hyphenated
font-asian-x.y.z.jar: use this is you need CJK functionality (Chinese / Japanese / Korean)
sign-x.y.z.jar: use this if you need support for digital signatures
styled-xml-parser-x.y.z.jar: use this if you need support for SVG or html2pdf
svg-x.y.z.jar: SVG support
commons-x.y.z.jar: commons module
You can also build iText 7 Community from source.
We also provide opensource add-ons and tools to complement the core functionality:
- pdfHTML — allows you to easily convert HTML to PDF or iText objects
- pdfSweep — a highly efficient PDF tool to merge, split and redact data
- RUPS — a Java tool that can help you debug PDFs
If you have an idea on how to improve iText 7 Community and you want to submit code, please read our Contribution Guidelines.
AGPL is a free / open source software license.
This doesn't mean the software is gratis!
Buying a license is mandatory as soon as you develop commercial activities distributing the iText software inside your product or deploying it on a network without disclosing the source code of your own applications under the AGPL license. These activities include:
- offering paid services to customers as an ASP
- serving PDFs on the fly in the cloud or in a web application
- shipping iText with a closed source product
Contact sales for more info.