⚡ Thunder :
An Android app to stream and download your media stored in Google Drive in an Awesome way !!
If you feel like supporting me :
🔘 Getting Started :
Let's say you have a bunch of movies or tv shows lying around in your Drive What you need to do is :
- Generate an index for the shared drive/folder
- Deploy to Cloudflare (All instructions on the Google Drive Index its super easy)
- Add the index link to movies folder link ( and username/password if you configured that for index ) in the settings tab, wait until it's done adding
There you go you have your media Library which sources movies from Drive. (Probably will add video demo soon)
📱 Screenshots :
🔥 Features :
- Stream and Download media directly
- Now Supports adding tv show folders too!!
- Supports Google Drive Index (Recommended) , GO Index , MapleIndex
- No Ads whatsoever
- Cool UI
- You can change Subtitle & Audio tracks while streaming
- If your phone hardware supports it you can stream it whatever it maybe HDR, HDR10, Dolby Vision
- The app was made to solve a tiny problem with amazing projects like Plex and Jellyfin which cannot use Drive as a source directly
🛠️ To Do :
- [x] Add support for Shows
- [x] Add animations
- [ ] Better Player UI
- [ ] Remember Playback Position
- [ ] Add Sort to Library
- [ ] Browse by genre
📋 Notes :
Added support GOIndex and Maple's GDindex (GOIndex is unreliable try refreshing if movies aren't added)
Currently video is only hardware decoded (I think) That's why HEVC content may or may not play at all
Does not directly interact with Drive rather scrapes the index for movies. The index does the talking to the Drive api
Sub-folders of current folder are searched now but if the folder has too many sub folders it will take longer to scan
Even if your movies aren't correctly named there is an alternative algorithm which might just extract necessary info
Media movies with no TMDB info are also shown in the library
Rarely some movies may be mislabled if there is another movie of same name on TMDB
Naming of the movies does matter it's better if your movies are named like this ``` movie.2049.2160p.whatever movie.returns.2099.2160p.whatever
TV show are recognized based on the naming of an episode file so every episode must be named like this (probably will work if naming follows Scene naming conventions): ``` Show Name S01 E01 Show.Name.S01.E01.2160p.whatever
Ideally your folder should contain movie movies only like
└───movie.name.2049.2160p.garbage └───movie.returns.2069.2160p.whatever └───movie.returns.again.?.2099.2160p.whatever └───📂Subfolder <- this folder will be scanned too
If you want to request a feature create an issue with request feature tag
- Room DB
Special Thanks to:
Google Drive Index
To build your Own:
Set the "TMDB_API_KEY" and put one or more FanArt API keys in the KEYS array inside the Constants class.
Here's a guide to build your own apk using github by dishapatel1010 : https://github.com/dishapatel010/Thunder/tree/Build
WANT TO CONTRIBUTE ?
All contributions are welcome also request new features and report any bugs or issue at discord/telegram. Discord & Telegram
Thunder only scrapes links from various drive indexes provided by user.
Thunder or its developer doesn't host any of the contents, it uses TMDB Api to fetch info.