This is a sample Android app that demonstrates how to use Firebase Authentication, Crashlytics, Cloud Firestore and Hilt with Jetpack Compose UI. Make it So is a simple to-do list application that allows the user to add and edit to-do items, add flags, priorities, due dates, and mark the tasks as completed.
To explain how each product above was used in the code, we've written a series of articles that delve into creating this app from scratch. Part 1 of this series has an overview of what you can do with this app and how it is structured. Part 2 shows how to implement login and sign up flows using Firebase Authentication. Part 3 covers how to add Firebase Crashlytics to handle crashes and display messages to the user. Part 4 is all about Cloud Firestore: it covers how to listen to changes on the stored items and update the UI based on these events.
In order for this app to work, you will need to create a Firebase project:
- Clone this repository
- Create a Firebase project in the Firebase Console
- Follow these steps to register Make it So app in your Firebase project
- Follow these steps to add the Firebase Android configuration file to Make it So
- Create a Cloud Firestore database in your Firebase project
- Enable Anonymous Authentication in your Firebase project
- Enable Email/Password Authentication in your Firebase project
- Run Make it So