Oboe is currently in developer preview.
Oboe is a C++ library which makes it easy to build high-performance audio apps on Android. It was created primarily to allow developers to target a simplified API that works across multiple API levels back to API level 16 (Jelly Bean).
Projects using Oboe
Want your project added? File an issue with your project name and URL.
- Compatible with API 16 onwards - runs on 99% of Android devices
- Chooses the audio API (OpenSL ES on API 16+ or AAudio on API 27+) which will give the best audio performance on the target Android device
- Automatic latency tuning
- Modern C++ allowing you to write clean, elegant code
To build Oboe you will need the Android NDK r17 or above. It can be installed using Android Studio's SDK manager, or via direct download.
Third party sample code
- Ableton Link integration demo (author: jbloit)
We would love to receive your pull requests. Before we can though, please read the contributing guidelines.
- 13th June 2018 - v0.11 Change
AudioStreammethod return types to
- 18th January 2018 - v0.10 Add support for input (recording) streams
- 18th October 2017 - v0.9 Initial developer preview