Oboe is currently in developer preview.
Oboe is a C++ library which makes it easy to build high-performance audio apps on Android. It was created primarily to allow developers to target a simplified API that works across multiple API levels back to API level 16 (Jelly Bean).
- Compatible with API 16 onwards - runs on 99% of Android devices
- Chooses the audio API (OpenSL ES on API 16+ or AAudio on API 27+) which will give the best audio performance on the target Android device
- Automatic latency tuning
- Modern C++ allowing you to write clean, elegant code
To build Oboe you will need the Android NDK r15 or above
We would love to receive your pull requests. Before we can though, please read the contributing guidelines.
- 18th January 2018 - v0.10 Add support for input (recording) streams
- 18th October 2017 - v0.9 Initial developer preview