NOTE: If you're looking for swagger 1.5.X and OpenApi 2.0, please refer to 1.5 branch
The goal of Swagger™ is to define a standard, language-agnostic interface to REST APIs which allows both humans and computers to discover and understand the capabilities of the service without access to source code, documentation, or through network traffic inspection. When properly defined via Swagger, a consumer can understand and interact with the remote service with a minimal amount of implementation logic. Similar to what interfaces have done for lower-level programming, Swagger removes the guesswork in calling the service.
Swagger-core is the Java implementation of Swagger. Current version supports JAX-RS2.
Check out the OpenAPI Specification for additional information about the Swagger project.
Get started with Swagger!
See the guide on getting started with swagger to get started with adding swagger to your API.
See the Wiki!
The github wiki contains documentation, samples, contributions, etc. Start there.
The following methods are available to obtain support for Swagger:
- The Swagger Google Group - This would normally be your first stop to get support for Swagger. Here you can find previously asked question, and ask new ones. When asking a question, please provide as much information as you can regarding the environment you use (development language, library, versions.
- The Issues tab - Please open feature requests and bugs here. If you're not sure you encountered a bug, or if it's a general usage question, please use the Google Group mentioned above.
- IRC! you can find us on freenode in the channel #Swagger. You can talk with us directly there.
The OpenAPI Specification has undergone several revisions since initial creation in 2010. The swagger-core project has the following compatibilities with the OpenAPI Specification:
|Swagger core Version||Release Date||OpenAPI Spec compatibility||Notes||Status|
|2.0.5 (current stable)||2018-09-19||3.0||tag v2.0.5||Supported|
|1.5.21 (current stable)||2018-08-09||2.0||tag v1.5.21||Supported|
This is a project to build the swagger-core library, which is required for the Swagger implementation of the OpenAPI Spec.
If you're interested in the change history of swagger and the swagger-core framework, see here.
You need the following installed and available in your $PATH:
- Java 8 (http://java.oracle.com)
- Apache maven 3.0.4 or greater (http://maven.apache.org/)
- Jackson 2.4.5 or greater
To build from source (currently 2.0.6-SNAPSHOT)
# first time building locally mvn -N
This will build the modules.
Of course if you don't want to build locally you can grab artifacts from maven central:
The samples have moved to a new repository and contain various integrations and configurations.
Copyright 2018 SmartBear Software Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at [apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0](http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0) Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.