An app for catching up on things.
There's a lot of services I like reading up on throughout the day. Most of these services have dedicated apps for consuming them, but often times I just want to skim the front page and only deep dive occasionally. Enter CatchUp: a high level presentation of the "front page" of several services in short form, and intelligent deeplinking into dedicated apps if you want to go further.
CatchUp is not an all-purpose client for each of these services, just the concierge for at-a-glance details and router for getting on your way. It does not support login for any service, it does not support customization/filtering of their feed. CatchUp is dumb, and you should use one of the many great dedicated apps for this if you want more integration features.
CatchUp is also very much a testing ground for things I personally dive into, from architecture, libraries, patterns, API quirks, and more. It's been a very fun project to spike test new things.
- Multiple services
- Hacker News
- Product Hunt
- Designer News
- Infinite scrolling on supported services
- Pleasant, simple, consistent UI for across services
- Night mode
- Smart deeplinking into dedicated apps
- RxJava 2/AutoDispose
- Debugging tooling as a first class citizen in the debug build
- Leak Canary, Chuck, Scalpel, debug drawer, Stetho, bug reporting, the works
- Dagger 2
- One of the more interesting parts of CatchUp is that its service architecture is a Dagger-powered plugin system
- Room (Arch components)
- AutoValue + extensions
- Apollo GraphQL
- Standard Square buffet of Okio/OkHttp 3/Retrofit 2/Moshi
There's a lot of neat/interesting little tidbits in the CatchUp source code that I plan to write a mini blog series about. Each service has its own nuances that make them unique to work with in code.
While this is a personal pet project, extensive tests can be found here.
This app owes a lot of its inspiration, implementation details, and general inner workings to the work of others. Particularly:
CatchUp is in open alpha.
Copyright (C) 2017 Zac Sweers Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
- HoloGraphLibrary SlidingMenu xUtils CalendarListView Volley cling discreteSeekBar 公共技术点之 Java 注解 Annotation Side Menu.Android 公共技术点之 Java 反射 Reflection Android-Universal-Image-Loader Dagger Jave Proxy DynamicLoadApk ViewPagerIndicator EventBus BaseAdapterHelper NineOldAnimations android-lockpattern PagerSlidingTabStrip 公共技术点之 View 绘制流程 公共技术点之 Android 动画基础 android-Ultra-Pull-To-Refresh 公共技术点之 View 事件传递 CircularFloatingActionMenu PhotoView 公共技术点之依赖注入