This sample illustrates how links can be added to a TextView. This can be done either automatically by setting the "autoLink" property or explicitly.
This sample demonstrates how clickable links can be added to a
TextView in Android.
This can be done in three ways:
- Automatically: Text added to a TextView can automatically be linkified by enabling
autoLinking. In XML, use the
android:autoLinkproperty, programatically call android.widget.TextView#setAutoLinkMask(int) using an option from android.text.util.Linkify.
- Parsing a String as HTML: See android.text.Html#fromHtml(String).
- Manually by constructing a android.text.SpannableString: Consisting of android.text.style.StyleSpan and android.text.style.URLSpan objects that are contained within a android.text.SpannableString.
- Android SDK 27
- Android Build Tools v27.0.2
- Android Support Repository
This sample uses the Gradle build system. To build this project, use the "gradlew build" command or use "Import Project" in Android Studio.
- Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/105153134372062985968
- Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/android
If you've found an error in this sample, please file an issue: https://github.com/googlesamples/android-TextLinkify
Patches are encouraged, and may be submitted by forking this project and submitting a pull request through GitHub. Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for more details.
Copyright 2017 The Android Open Source Project, Inc.
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.