AWS Toolkit for JetBrains - a plugin for interacting with AWS from JetBrains IDEs. The plugin includes features that make it easier to write applications on Amazon Web Services using a JetBrains IDE.
The toolkit is generally available for PyCharm and in developer preview for IntelliJ IDEA. It can be installed from the IDE plugin manager or manually from the JetBrains plugin website.
This is an open source project because we want you to be involved. We love issues, feature requests, code reviews, pull requests or any positive contribution. Please see the the CONTRIBUTING guide for how to help.
- IntelliJ Community/Ultimate 2018.3+
- PyCharm Community/Professional 2018.3+
In your IDE, open of the Plugins page and search for
AWS Toolkit and click install.
We also offer opt-in Early Access Preview builds that are built automatically.
In order to opt-in:
- Add the URL
https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugins/eap/aws.toolkitto your IDE's plugin repository preferences by going to Plugins->Gear Icon->Manage Plugin Repositories and adding the URL to the list
- Check for updates.
Please see CONTRIBUTING for instructions.
Features that don't relate to a specific AWS service.
- Credential management - the ability to select how you want to authenticate with AWS, management of several credential types and the ability to easily switch between profiles.
- Region management - the ability to switch between viewing resources in different AWS regions.
- Resource Explorer - tree-view of AWS resources available (e.g. AWS Lambda Functions) in your selected account/region. This does not represent all resources available in your account, only a sub-set of those resource types supported by the plugin.
- New Project Wizard - Get started quickly by using one of the quickstart serverless application templates.
- Run/Debug Local Lambda Functions - Locally test and step-through debug functions in a Lambda-like execution environment provided by the AWS SAM CLI
- Invoke Remote Lambda Functions - Invoke remote functions using a sharable run-configuration
- Package & Deploy Lambda Functions - Ability to package a Lambda function zip and create a remote lambda
- Deploy SAM-based Applications - (Python only) Package, deploy & track SAM-based applications
NB: Python-only features are available in both PyCharm and IntelliJ with the Python Plugin installed.
The best view of our long-term road-map is by looking the upcoming Release Milestones.
- manage our back-log
- prioritize features
- estimate issues
- create sprint-boards
To enable these enhanced views can sign-up for ZenHub (using your GitHub account - it's free), install the ZenHub extension for your browser and then navigate to the ZebHub tab in the toolkit repository.
The plugin is distributed according to the terms outlined in our LICENSE.