Accepted Types of Contributions
- Bug fixes (needs a corresponding bug report in b.android.com)
- Each bug fix is expected to come with tests
- Fixing spelling errors
- Updating documentation
- Adding new tests to the area that is not currently covered by tests
We are not currently accepting new modules, features, or behavior changes.
Checking Out the Code
NOTE: You will need to use Linux or Mac OS. Building under Windows is not currently supported.
Follow the “Downloading the Source” guide to install and set up
repo tool, but instead of running the listed
repo commands to initialize the repository, run the folowing:
repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b ub-supportlib-master
Now your repository is set to pull only what you need for building and running support library. Download the code (and grab a coffee while we pull down 7GB):
repo sync -j8 -c
You will use this command to sync your checkout in the future - it’s similar to
Using Android Studio
path/to/checkout/frameworks/support/ in Android Studio. Now you're ready edit, run, and test!
If you get “Unregistered VCS root detected” click “Add root” to enable git integration for Android Studio.
If you see any warnings (red underlines) run
Build > Clean Project.
Optional - Full Build
You can do most of your work from Android Studio, however you can also build the full support library from command line:
cd path/to/checkout/frameworks/support/ ./gradlew createArchive
Single Test Class or Method
- Open the desired test file in Android Studio.
- Right-click on a test class or @Test method name and select
Full Test Package
- In the project side panel open the desired module.
- Find the directory with the tests
- Right-click on the directory and select
Running Sample Apps
Support library has a set of Android applications that exercise support library code. These applications can be useful when you want to debug a real running application, or reproduce a problem interactively, before writing test code.
These applications are named support-*-demos (e.g. support-4v-demos or support-leanback-demos. You can run them by clicking
Run > Run ... and choosing the desired application.
Making a change
cd path/to/checkout/frameworks/support/ repo start my_branch_name . (make needed modifications) git commit -a repo upload --current-branch .
If you see the following prompt, choose
Run hook scripts from https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest (yes/always/NO)?
- After you run repo upload, open r.android.com
- Sign in into your account (or create one if you do not have one yet)
- Add an appropriate reviewer (use git log to find who did most modifications on the file you are fixing)
- cling EventBus DynamicLoadApk discreteSeekBar android-lockpattern Volley 公共技术点之 Java 注解 Annotation 公共技术点之依赖注入 PhotoView Dagger ViewPagerIndicator Android-Universal-Image-Loader CircularFloatingActionMenu HoloGraphLibrary SlidingMenu 公共技术点之 View 事件传递 公共技术点之 Android 动画基础 Side Menu.Android BaseAdapterHelper 公共技术点之 Java 反射 Reflection android-Ultra-Pull-To-Refresh xUtils CalendarListView PagerSlidingTabStrip 公共技术点之 View 绘制流程 Jave Proxy NineOldAnimations