Live streaming with real-time video filters using the Wowza GoCoder SDK™
This sample code is based on Google's shadercam library and extends the shadercam-example app with live streaming support using the GoCoder SDK. The camera preview display is based on Android's camera2 API with real-time filtering using the OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL).
The shadercam-example app was updated to support live streaming by adding a new renderer class (
StreamingRenderer) that uses the
WZGLBroadcaster API class and
WZRenderAPI.VideoFrameRenderer interface from the GoCoder SDK to encode each frame for the video stream while a live broadcast is active.
Wowza GoCoder SDK v184.108.40.2060 or later
PLEASE NOTE: The GoCoder SDK library necessary to build this app is not provided with this sample code. To receive a free trial copy of the SDK, please fill out the GoCoder SDK trial signup form to be sent a link where you can download the SDK along with a free trial license key.
Android SDK v4.4.2 or later.
- Android Studio v1.2.0 or later.
- Access to a Wowza Streaming Engine™ server installation or a Wowza Cloud™ hosted service account. You can request a free trial copy of Wowza Streaming Engine software by filling out the Wowza Streaming Engine trial signup form or signup for a Wowza Cloud trial account by filling out the Wowza Cloud account signup form.
Building and running the app
Follow the steps below before attempting to build this app for the first time:
Copy the GoCoder SDK aar library file (
com.wowza.gocoder.sdk.aar) to the
mWZBroadcastConfig.setHostAddress("192.168.1.246"); mWZBroadcastConfig.setPortNumber(1935); mWZBroadcastConfig.setApplicationName("live"); mWZBroadcastConfig.setStreamName("myStream"); mWZBroadcastConfig.setUsername(null); mWZBroadcastConfig.setPassword(null);
- GoCoder SDK Developer Documentation
- GoCoder SDK for Android API Reference
- GoCoder SDK for Android Release Notes
- GoCoder Product Page
Wowza Media Systems™ provides developers with a platform to create streaming applications and solutions. See Wowza Developer Tools to learn more about our APIs and SDK.
This code is distributed under the Wowza Public License.